With just a little over a month of the Galaxy S6 release, Samsung has unveiled the more rugged, and uglier looking, Galaxy S6 Active. Available exclusively through AT&T, the new S6 Active features an IP68 certified body that is water resistant up to 1.5 meters for up to 30 minutes, shock resistant, and dust proof.
The S6 Active will still carry some of the original features but have also added a few new ones:
- Display: The Galaxy S6 active has a 5.1-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED® display with 577ppi that automatically adapts to the content you’re viewing – even outdoors.
- Camera: With a double-tap of the home button, the 16MP rear-facing and 5MP front-facing cameras launch faster than ever. Auto-Real time High Dynamic Range (HDR) captures clever shots in virtually any light, and the front camera’s wide-angle lens allows you to take epic selfies.
- Operating System: Android™0.2 (Lollipop).
- Processor: The Samsung Galaxy S6 active comes with Octa-core 64-bit processor, Samsung’s fastest and most powerful processor in a smartphone.
- Storage: 32GB of internal memory7
- Voice Calling: HD Voice capable.8
- Battery Life: The Samsung Galaxy S6 active features a 3500mAh and embedded wireless charging technology that works with most wireless charging pads on the market, so there’s no more looking for a cord or place to plug in.
- Outdoor Features: Activity Zone is the ideal companion for outdoor adventures, and includes a quick launching compass, flashlight, stopwatch, and more.
- Business Ready: Samsung KNOX provides security and protection right out of the box, along with support for MDM partners, making device management easy for IT administrators.
“The Galaxy S6 active is the best Galaxy S6 in the market. It combines all the premium features of the Galaxy S6, but also has durable enough to can handle wear and tear. You can’t find this device – with its combination of performance, dependability, and 4G LTE reliability — with any other carrier. And on top of that, our customers will be able to choose between two cool new colors – camo white and camo blue.” said said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president, Device Marketing and Developer Services, AT&T Mobility.
The S6 Active will be available on June 12 and Qualified customers can purchase the Samsung Galaxy S6 active for $0 down on AT&T Next for $23.17 with 30 device payments on Next SM 243, $28.96 per month at 24 payments on Next 18, or $34.75 per month at 20 payments on Next 12.
Source: Samsung Tomorrow