In stores April 11, the Galaxy Note 8.0 delivers an
unparalleled tablet experience for work and play
Revelaed back in barcelona at MWC 2013, Samsung has finally given a release date and pricing to its Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet. This Wi-Fi only tablet will pack most features you find on a Galaxy Note 2 with some extra added goods. April 11 is the set retail date for release in stores and online retailers like Amazon, Best Buy/Best Buy Mobile, h.h. gregg, Newegg, P.C. Richard & Son, Staples and TigerDirect.com.
The Note 8.0 features a decent 8-inch WXGA 1280 by 800 pixel screen for viewing HD movies and even reading with its new dedicated Reading Mode. Internals include a 1.6GHz Quad Core processor, 2GB of RAM, Dual-channel Wi-Fi, and a massive 4,600 mAh battery. 16GB of internal storage will be offered, with microSD card access for up to 64GB of expandable memory. The 5-megapixel camera on the back can shoot 1080p video, and the 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera can handle video chats at 720p resolution.
Galaxy Note 8.0 at Work will take advantage of this tablets internals powering up these special features and apps:
- Multi Window: The Galaxy Note 8.0 offers true PC-like multitasking, so you can use two apps side-by-side. Multi-Window now supports 20 apps, including Polaris Office, Google Chrome and Facebook.
- Air View: Conveniently preview your content without opening files or folders. The S Pen held above the screen allows you to preview pictures in the Gallery, open menus on Web sites, and preview a message or an attachment in an email.
- AllShare® Play: Pass content to the TV or remotely access files on your desktop computer.
- Polaris Office: View, create, and edit Microsoft® Office Word® documents, Excel® spreadsheets and PowerPoint® presentations right on your tablet. With the Galaxy Note 8.0, you can add handwritten notes and drawings to your documents.
- Awesome Note: A note-taking application and to do list manager, Awesome Note enables you to customize folder icons, colors, fonts and backgrounds for quick reference and visual organization.
- Group Play: Share and collaborate on content, including documents, which allows users to work together.
The Galaxy Note 8.0 will be available in white for $399.99 MSRP. Accessories will be available beginning mid-April. These include Book Covers in white, grey, pink or green, as well as USB and HDMI adapters, and a travel charger that connect via the device’s microUSB port.
For more information visit www.samsung.com/us/note8 and stay locked to RTV for full coverage on the Galaxy Note 8.0.