Fitness fans will be at joy with the announcement of this very cool looking BackBeat Fit from Plantronics. The BackBeat Go 2 just weren’t enough for workout sessions, so Plantronics went back to the drawing board and created a very lightweight, flexible, water proof, and great sounding wireless headset. The Fit is the beginning of a new range of fitness gear from Plantronics. The Fit also makes it possible to use these at night thanks to its bright popping colors and reflective material. The wireless headset also includes a special carrying case that doubles into a smartphone arm band for working out, which is an awesome idea.
“More than half of people who exercise make music an essential part of their workout. With BackBeat FIT we’re ushering in a new way of motivating yourself with music – without the distraction of cords,” said Greg Miller, senior category manager for stereo with Plantronics.
The BackBeat Fit will be available in two bright colors, Lime Burst and Electric Blue, sometime in April and will retail for $129.99. We also want to thank Plantronics for hooking us up with an early version of the BackBeat Fit so stay tuned for a full review very soon!
- Stable, comfortable fit: BackBeat FIT stays in place. Its soft-but-strong, flexible headband and in-ear stabilizers ensure a snug, stable fit that is comfortable, no matter how active the user gets.
- Durable, sweat-proof design: Designed to handle the hardest workouts, BackBeat FIT has a rugged, sweat-proof design plus extra protection from Plantronics’ exclusive P2i sweat- and weather-proof nano-coating.
- Safety first: The bright colors and reflective materials of BackBeat FIT help protect the user day or night, and its unique, safety-oriented eartip design allows the user to be more aware of their surroundings.
- Two-in-one armband/carrying case: Get moving right out of the box with the included smartphone armband – it secures a smartphone and car key during a work out, and reverses to act as a protective carrying case for the headphones when they’re not in use.
- Small form factor, big battery life: BackBeat FIT packs power for a week’s worth of workouts – up to 8 hours of listening time. Plus, it offers DeepSleep, a hibernation mode which keeps the headphones charged and ready to use for up to six months.
- Superior stereo headphones: Offering powerful speakers and a custom codec, BackBeat FIT delivers music’s rich bass and crisp highs to keep you moving.
- Wireless Bluetooth technology: Enjoy tangle-free music, videos and calls by easily connecting, cord-free, to a smartphone.
- Hands-off control: BackBeat FIT headphones built-in microphone allows users to take and make occasional phone calls without having to touch their mobile device. Easy-to-access on-ear controls let them control their music with the touch of a finger.
- Gets better over time: Over-the-air firmware updates, delivered via a smartphone app, make it easy to keep the headphones performing optimally and always have the latest software features, as well as documentation on the product features and functionality.