“We created the new Vibe Z with its elegant design, high performance and custom software so that people can truly have
the best smartphone experience now at the speed of LTE,” said Liu Jun, senior vice president, Lenovo Business Group,
Just days from the big show in Las Vegas, Lenovo has come out swinging first with the reveal of their first LTE smartphone, the Vibe Z. The new Lenovo Vibe Z will offer faster data speeds up to 50 Mbit/s and downloading at up to 150 Mbit/s and will run on GSM/UMTS networks up to 2100; also with 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0.
The Vibe Z comes in a thin 7.9mm silver or titanium body weighing just 147 grams. A 5.5-inch full HD (1920×1080) IPS wide angle viewing touchscreen display, which is something I hope Lenovo does right. A Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 800 Quad-core 2.2GHz processor will be powering the new Vibe Z to get the best out of games, apps, multitasking and more. There is 2 GB of memory, 16 GB of internal Storage and will be running Android 4.3. To take advantage of a full HD display, the Vibe Z will pack a 13 MP rear camera with a f1.8 aperture lens to handle low light situations, while the front facing camera is just 5MP.
“We are proud to collaborate with Lenovo to enable the company’s first LTE smartphone,” said Raj Talluri, senior vice
president of product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “The new Vibe Z utilizes t he Qualcomm Snapdragon
800 processor with integrated LTE technology to deliver superfast web browsing and unmatched multimedia features for
an outstanding user experience.”
The Vibe Z starts at $549 and is available starting in February in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and the Philippines.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Quad core processor 2.2 GHz
- Operating System: Android 4.3 OS (Jelly Bean)
- Display/Resolution: 5.5-in full high definition (1920×1080) IPS wide angle viewing touchscreen display
20/20 Vision display with a pixel density of 400 pixels per inch
- Memory: 2 GB
- Storage: 16 GB of internal storage
- Connectivity: Operates on GSM/UMTS networks up to 2100 and comes with 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
- Rear Camera: 13 MP with f1.8 aperture lens to defy low light situations
Front Camera: 5 MP that is equipped with a 84° lens for wide-angle shots
- Battery: 3000 mAh (Li-polymer); Talk time up to 33 hours; Standby time up to 27 days
- Weight: 147 grams
Dimensions: 7.9mm thin silver or titanium body