Duracell invites consumers to compete against NFL players Arian Foster, Maurice Jones-Drew, and Patrick Willis along with eight pro gamers. Duracell is putting their rechargeable batteries to the ultimate test by launching the “Duracell Longest Lasting Tournament”. Duracell Rechargeable batteries set themselves apart from the competition lasting for 26 hours of non-stop gaming in video game controllers. The tournament is a 26-hour non-stop Madden NFL 15 marathon hosted on Twitch.TV that pits regular players against “Team Duracell,” which will be comprised of NFL pros and gaming legends. The player who holds the longest win-streak at the end of the 26-hour tournament could win a Super Bowl prize package that includes two tickets to Super Bowl XLIX.
Tournament kicks off on January 16th at 4PM ET/1PM PT and ends on January 17th at 6PM ET/3PM PT; Exact player time slots below:
Friday, January 16th:
- 4 – 8PM ET/1 – 5PM PT: Maurice Jones-Drew
- 7 – 11PM ET/4 – 8PM PT: Patrick Willis
Saturday, January 17th:
- 12 – 4PM ET/9AM – 1PM PT: Arian Foster
Consumers can pre-register here starting on 1/8 or they can join the day of the event by logging in and entering themselves into a player queue.
In addition to having the opportunity to play against an NFL player or gaming legend, Duracell and Twitch are sponsoring the below premium prizing:
- GRAND PRIZE: 2 Super Bowl XLIX Tickets
- SECOND PLACE: $5,000
- THIRD PLACE: $3,000
- RUNNER-UP PRIZES: Autographed gear
- PRIZES FOR TOP 100 FINISHERS: 1 Duracell IonSpeed4000 Charger with 4AA Duracell Rechargeable batteries.
- PRIZES FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS: Duracell/Twitch T-shirt